Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Winter Wonderland in Ireland

Once in every 20 years cycle, Ireland gets a cold snap which results in considerable snow fall all across the country. I've been in this country for 14 years, I've never seen this much snow before . Not just snow, but snow that remained long enough to coat everything in the open, transforming the countryside into a wondrous winter wonderland. So on Sunday, which was suppose to be the day with the heaviest snow fall, I decided to take advantage of the beautiful country side and arrange a shoot. I didn't fancy the cold but I told myself, if I didn't do it, I'd regret it. But I decided too late but somehow manage to get a model 12 hours prior to the shoot. It almost didn't happen as things kept popping up and we almost cancelled twice.

Anyways, hope you like the photos. This was shot in natural light as I didn't have time to set up lights. It was too cold and we had to move fast. I was too concern that Jacqui the model was going to get frost bite. At one stage, her poors fingers and toes had gone numb. But she was one tough model and fairplay to her for enduring the cold.












Guess what, the snow thawed the next day and just like that, the beautiful landscape disappeared. So glad I did this shoot now. We might not see this in Ireland for another 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment