Sunday, January 24, 2010

Highway Drama

This week I met up with Tatyana once more for a shoot. This time round the location is the newly constructed dual carriage way in Limerick. I've always wanted to do a shoot of some sort on a highway as I've always been fascinated by highways and roads. Finding one where you can do a shoot safely is kinda hard in Ireland. But these ones are not open yet so no traffic passing through. I thought I might as well do a shoot now while I still can.

I wanted a film noir feel to this shoot. I also wanted to incorporate a section of the road with the flyover. I love the way the strong lines of the flyover intersects with the roads. I wanted dark shadows. I always wanted some drama. Decided on 2 ways of lighting.  1. Using ambient light, nicely diffused through thick Irish rain clouds with a flash working as hair light.  2. Cross lighting, hard edge lighting and lots of shadows. Then I wanted lots of movement. Hence why the shoot with Tatyana again. It's not often you get model who can jump in her high heels.

We were there for a total of 30 minutes before the security guys showed up. Managed to talk them into letting us shoot for 30 minutes more. So we eventually shoot for a total of 2 hours. It was also starting to rain so by the time we had packed up and moved on, it was starting to rain heavy.

Here are the images. Hope you like them.


( cross lighting. Flash to camera left shooting thru Lumodi beauty dish and flash to camera right fired bare)


(same lighting as above)



(natural light directly above. Bare flash camera right)


(bare flash camera left)

1 comment:

  1. That's funny, I was driving past this new road yesterday and thought it would be a good location for a shoot! Snap!

    ReplyDelete