Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Aisling in Cratloe

Quick upload of some reason photos taken with Aisling in Cratloe woods. We didn't have anything particular in mind. I was trying to explore ideas etc. Got a few that I really like so I thought I'd post then here. Hope you like them too.

For this shoot, I traveled light and limited myself to small flashes. It was shot quite late in the evening when light was fading anyways. So we were competing against time and had to constantly re balance the light when it got too dark. I did not want to black out the background. I didn't want to push the iso too high either to avoid noise. So there was a lot of tweaking in between the snaps. ( no assistant, no remote power control meant I had to do everything myself. ) I am grateful that Aisling was at least patient.

1.This one here is shot in natural light.

2 Lights used. Bounced umbrella camera left, snooted flash camera right.

3.Same cross lighting setup but the umbrella is now moved towards a more centre position. Snooted flash to camera left and a mini beauty dish just above and behind model with another flash, clamped onto a tree branch.

4.Light setting nearly similar to above, just further apart from the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment