Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Limerick Strobist Meet : Meelick

Meelick community hall was location for this month's strobist meet. The plan had been to shoot to the theme of Hollywood Glamour. But somehow, I don't think I adhere to it too much. I have done very little studio work as I generally work outdoors. The other boys on the other hand arrived with their Elinchromes. The community hall was a large place so we were able to have 5 light setups and background. Good fun.

This time round, we had a stylist and MUA so the models were better kitted. Enjoyed the experience. I even got the chance to do a portrait for Neville, who wanted profile shots for his webpage. He is a tango dance instructor.

I'll start with Neville's shot, probably my favourites from the day.




The above 2 images had to light sources. 2 soft box to camera right and left, firing perpendicularly to Neville.

( I added a slightly sinister twist to this image. Pure natural light. The low contrast feel is due to the smoke from a smoke machine )

Anyways, if you're looking to learn a bit of Tango, look up Neville Gawley here.


I only used the modelling lamp here. One large octabox directly above Gemma.


This was Barbara's first time modelling. I just love the expression here.  One softbox to camera left.


One modelling lamp from the octabox directly above Ania. Also her first time modelling. Did very well.

Simple cross lighting. Two soft boxes, one to each side of Laura, aimed perpendicularly to her.

Thanks for reading. The Limerick Strobist group try to meet as often as possible. All levels of photographers are welcome. Please follow our group on flickr for future meets.


One of photographers Dave made a video of the meet, you can see it here.



Cheerio until the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment