Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dublin Strobist Meet

Last Sunday Del and I organised the Dublin Strobist monthly meet. This time we decided to use the Fast and Furious movie as the theme for the get together. I had organised 5 cars , 7 models and 3 MUAs for the shoot. I must say I was excited. It turned out, I didn't shoot much for the day at all. Spent most of my time running around seeing how everyone was doing.


The weather, was not perfect. It was however reasonable by Irish standards anyway. At least we got a few hours outdoors. But it threatened to rain all evening and there was certainly plenty of wind. Diffusing light out door was a challenge.


I'm going to post some pre and post processed photos for those of you who might be interested.

Gentlemen, start your engines.


Ghost Riders : The flash info for these are obvious enough





Bare flashes to camera right and left. Post processing in this one, I decided to go for a high contrast gritty look. But that kind of finishing really brought on all the blemishes on the skin. I spent a long time working on the skin and I'm still not 100% satisfied with it.


Another cross lighting. At least somebody helped me hold an umbrella so manage to get some diffuse lighting to camera right. Gone for a softer finish on the post processing here. That light patch on the right eye was a bitch to get rid off.
2 flashes at camera left, front and back of model at 45 degrees, both fired bare.




In some cases I wish I had more time to look out for light spill etc. Awkward nasty ones usually mean hours spent on removing them. Time wasters.

It was a cold day so spent quite some time removing goosebumps and awkward coloured skin. Cold weather, not good for many things unless a person intends to capture goosebumps at the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment